Thursday, July 30, 2009

New obsession

I've never really been a big cake person.  To this day, I still scrape the frosting off cake, save it for myself and hand over the cake part to my grandpa.  However, lately, I've been a bit obsessed with cupcakes.  I'm not talking about devouring cupcakes all the time (although I do love Sprinkles bakery); I just like admiring them.  From a design standpoint, I look at cupcakes like miniature works of art - the decorating is always so fun and unique from one cake to the next.  I especially love these fashion designer-inspired cupcakes that were shot by photographer Therese Aldgard and prop-styled by Lisa Edsalv. 





While we're on the subject of cupcakes, I thought I'd add this photo of "tall cupcakes" from Sugarbloom bakery.  This would be a great and unique alternative for parties; they look great for sharing.  They look pretty tasty too!  Alright...I officially want a cupcake now!   

Photos via {Pomegranate and Patchouli} and {Great Full Day}

No comments: