Monday, July 27, 2009

Design dilemma

I hope everyone had a fun weekend!  I was running around town all Saturday and Sunday, trying to soak in as much of the city as I can before I leave.  My stay here in New York is officially down to under two weeks, which means less than 14 days until I have to get my butt in gear and start my mad job hunt.  With resumes and cover letters on the mind, I've decided that I want to create a killer business card for myself.  It's about time I have one anyways.  But, I'm having designer's block as to what direction I want to go in.  Here are some cards that I'm really digging right now, each for different reasons:

Although this card is pretty standard looking as far as design goes, I appreciate the use of a different paper.  I especially love the natural look of the cardboard.  

This one is also a little on the simple side; however, I enjoy the personal touch added to it by including a few fun facts about the cardholder.  


I love this translucent business card.  Although it's a bit unrealistic for me budget-wise, I really like the look of it.  This is one to keep in mind for the future when I have more money to spend.  I also enjoy the idea of incorporating an envelope.  By adding an extra step in getting to the card, it makes it more special as well.
 
 
Here's another envelope!  Although the hair concept doesn't apply to my profession, I really like the idea of a cleverly used die cut and envelop.  This technique is high up on my list of possible business cards.  It would require a bit more time in ways of craft, but it'd be worth it. 


Lastly, this is probably one of my favorite business cards.  It's unique and creative, yet still functional.  I love the fun 3-D aspect of it.  This card is definitely more than just a flat piece of cardstock that will most likely just be slipped in someone's wallet with no more than a seconds glance.


I've got some thinking to do in the next couple of weeks.  Business cards - good business cards, that is - are small pieces of art, and I want to make mine memorable.  Let me know what you think about these.  And, if you're searching for the same thing I am, I really recommend dailypoetics' Flickr photostream of business cards.  There are hundreds of amazing cards to peruse through for inspiration.  Happy hunting!

XOXO, Amy

Photo {one}, {two}, {three}, {four} and {five}

1 comment:

Kimberly Rebekah said...

I love all of the ideas! The stand-up/3-D cards are fantastic, it would certainly draw attention to your card!