Monday, November 9, 2009

A tradition is born

One of the goals I set for myself after the Blog Out Loud event was that I want to inject more of myself into this blog.  When I started "all those nothings" back in June, I intended for it to be a collection of things that inspire and excite me.  So, it seems only natural that magazines be a part of this site.  

I looooove magazines, and sometimes it feels like I can't even enter a bookstore or supermarket without walking away with a new zine of some sort.  Last night, while I was thumbing through a new addition to my stockpile, I thought of a great idea for my first weekly column.  So...without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to "Mag Mondays."  What better way to start the week than with some beautiful magazine meat?  

Mag Mondays will be a day for me to share anything interesting, exciting or gorgeous that I find in the pages of my magazine obsession.  Being the debut column, this week is dedicated to the publication that inspired it all - The New York Times style magazine, "T Magazine."  

Their covers are always very well-done, but yesterday's issue really jumped out at me because it reminded me of a past blog post I did.  On top of that, I loved the look of the logo - classic and elegant, but with a modern twist thanks to the fun gradient fill-in they added. 
 

Also, this article was tucked away inside.  With a kid that cute, I had to share this with you.  I hope my future, unborn children are that adorable.  I'm going to have so much fun dressing them up!  

No comments: